- The race is run under the rules of IAAF, Athletics South Africa and Central Gauteng Athletics.
- The 10km is open to all licensed and all non-licensed runners/walkers of 14 years and over. Please note, No pets allowed.
- The 1 Mile race is open to all runners of 7 years and above.
- The Elite Mile entry is by invitation only.
- Online entries close on midnight on Sunday 20 October 2019.For online entries log onto www.tembisamile.co.za/www.finishtime.co.za
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2019 ASA license number back and front, with race number worn on the front of the vest but not obscuring the ASA license. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2019 license numbers must purchase a temporary license or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest.
- No advertising may be worn by athletes Refer IAAF Rule 143 & ASA Rule 14.1(7)
- International athletes must provide a valid clearance letter (from their country of origin to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event (IAAF Rule 4 part 2). Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to. International athletes cannot participate with an ASA permanent license .They must purchase a temporary license.
- Only entrants present at prize giving will be eligible to win lucky draw prizes. Prize giving will commence at 11:30am.Proof of age is required for all category prizes winners. Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prize giving in writing to the Chief Race Referee accompanied by deposit of R500 which is refundable if appeal is upheld or forfeited if the appeal is unsuccessful.
11. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the front and back of their running vest.
12. No seconding is allowed and runners must obey all marshals and traffic officers.
13. No ear plugged devices allowed during the race, excluding hearing aid devices in accordance with IAAF Rule 144.2B
14. We regret that due to the nature of the course wheelchair athletes cannot participate.
15. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
16. All athletes participate at own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate .All athletes must supply the name of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
17. The entry fee in non-refundable.
18. Athletes may not run with another athlete’s number unless by prior arrangement and approval from the race organizers.
19. RACE NUMBER COLLECTION and late entries will be taken on Saturday the 26 October 2019 at the Moses Molelekwa Arts Centre from 10:00am to 06:00pm.Late entries will also be taken on race day, Sunday 27 October 2019 from 05:00am to 06:50am.
20. Tog bags facilities available at the finish. Please ensure tog bags are clearly marked with your race number. Entrant’s race number will serve as the corresponding number when you retrieve your tog bag.
21. Distance Markers in kilometres.
22. SEEDED START FOR THE ELITE RUNNERS.
23. Blatant running by any walker may lead to disqualification. Three WARNINGS will lead to disqualification. Walkers competing for prize money MUST wear short pants .Any long pants covering the legs will lead to disqualification.
24. Cut off times for 10km runners is 2hours .All the 1 Mile runners must be able to complete their events in 15 minutes.
25. Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
26. The organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
27. Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified ,will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge .Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry )will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
28. All instructions from traffic, race and technical officials must be obeyed at all times.
Race date and Venue
Sunday, 27 October 2019
Moses Molelekwa Arts Centre
Cnr Star Street and Andrew Mapheto Drive
Race Start Time: 07h00
Our Social Media
@TembisaMile | @TembisaMile | @tembisamile | 0662188339 | firstname.lastname@example.org